HOW TECH HAS CHANGED THE WAY A COLLEGE RUNS
Can you imagine a college that functions without the use of technology?
A College without a website, a Class without a WhatsApp group, a Seminar Hall without a projector.
Such a college is hard to fathom in today’s world. Education post COVID-19 pandemic underwent a sea of change, the most important one being, use of technology for an effective teaching-learning process.
Technological advancements and the pandemic have made it impossible for Higher Education Institutions to function without the use of technology. The shift to technology has come in handy at every step of the way, especially when it comes to running Colleges; from admission processes to conducting lectures, arranging examinations to marking attendance and so on. Let’s see how technology has changed the way Colleges run.
College life before and after Lockdown
- Apps for Online Lectures – Colleges have started using applications like Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams and Google Classroom amongst others, which were never heard of before the pandemic hit. It made learning possible even in the darkest of times, giving students hope and purpose every single day of the intense lockdown.
- Attend College from any part of the world – Lectures were conducted and attended online from every part of the world. Colleges also conducted co-curricular activities and cultural event online, to keep the students engaged and optimistic, trying to give them an authentic college experience within the comfort of their home.
- Colleges developing an ICT Infrastructure – The pandemic forced colleges to build on their ICT infrastructure, instead of new buildings. With the College campus deserted, Campus Management Apps started showing an upward trajectory.
- Online Examinations – The progress of students was tracked using online examinations for the first time at under-graduate level. Ensuring authenticity of examination posed a challenge.
- Tech savvy Campus – The end result of the pandemic was that it made Colleges more tech savvy. College Campus had to shift online and technology played a crucial role in transforming the way things were managed. College administration help apps kept the students informed about the various College processes and academic updates. It helped teachers conduct their daily activities smoothly by keeping everyone in the loop simultaneously. College management could also keep tabs on the progress of work and parents could keep a check on the progress of their children.
The pandemic improved access to learning through technology, but not without its challenges. The gate crashers made unauthorized entries into online classrooms, tracking attendance during lectures had its difficulties, tracking the syllabus completion of various subjects and monitoring students’ progress were all problems that most Colleges faced.
To find solutions to these problems and make the transition to online Campus administration smooth and seamless, we at TeachUs have developed a College management help app that overcomes these hassles. TeachUs – The College Intelligence App has features that offer ease of attendance, class notices, lecture scheduling, lecture-wise feedback systems, syllabus trackers, sharing of notes and many more. TeachUs App brings all College Stakeholders – the Principal, Professors, Students and Parents at one place, which in turn brings transparency and accountability. The app offers a simplistic solution to your College administration problems and makes the transition to Online Campus Management easy and fruitful.
Weather you hate it or love it, technology in education is here to stay. This is the new normal and we have to embrace the change it brings.
Written By – Ms. Charmie Dalal