How can a College score big on NAAC ratings?
NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) is an autonomous body funded by the UGC (University Grants Commission) and headquartered in Bangalore. NAAC focuses on improving the quality of higher education in India.
Having an accreditation from NAAC gives institutions instant credibility and increases the number of admissions. NAAC identifies the quality of any Higher Education Institution in terms of its infrastructure, teaching, faculty, etc. NAAC’s ranking criteria are extremely challenging, and with so much at stake, there is no room for errors and complacency.
So, how can colleges score big on NAAC? Can a campus app help you in your NAAC grades? Here are some tips that might help you and your college score big.
- Be Prepared: Rome wasn’t built in a day, just as you cannot prepare for NAAC in a single day. Preparing for NAAC is a continuous process where you have to work on your infrastructure, academics, etc. to get the best rating. You get at least two years of preparatory time from the governing body of the institute to be ready for NAAC.
- Get everyone involved: To smoothen the entire process, involve everyone from the leadership unit, including the department and institution heads, deans, HODs, etc. They help in ensuring more commitment and clarity.
- Focus on high-scoring metrics: Before you start working on NAAC, evaluate all the high-scoring metrics. To maximize your score, you will need to invest enough time to understand the requirements of these metrics. These include student satisfaction surveys, student support, teacher profile, research publications & awards, etc.
- Save time on low-scoring metrics: Analyze the survey. Pay attention to parameters that score 20% or more of the total weightage. Some metrics involve a lot of time and data but only have a weightage of around 5%. You can save time on these metrics ad focus more o the high scoring ones.
- Get a college assistance app: Apps like Teach Us will help prepare colleges for the D-day. With features like faculty rating and student satisfaction, Teach Us will provide you with all the data you need.
The NAAC accreditation is valid for 5 years, after which, the college will have to reapply. So, you have to be truly committed and diligent because if you start the process without any planning, your college may end up scoring low grades. This will harm your growth and admissions.
Our college intelligence app, Teach Us will be a big boon if you are applying for NAAC. It provides you with numerous data that will help you score better. Teach Us is easy to operate, gives you real-time information, is time effective, and keeps you updated with everything happening in your institute. The data provided by Teach Us will also help eliminate errors, save you a lot of time and help you score big in NAAC. This is one college app that you need.
Written By – Ms. Charmie Dalal